SHOP by CATEGORY
SHOP by BRAND
Shop the Best Dishwashers
Find the Best Dishwasher for Your Kitchen Needs at Gerhard’s Appliance
Looking for the best dishwasher to handle your cleaning needs? At Gerhard's Appliance, we understand the importance of having a reliable dishwasher in your kitchen. Our extensive collection of dishwashers includes various styles and sizes to fit your specific needs, ensuring your dishes are sparkling clean every time.
Our range of
For those with limited space or renters who can't install a built-in dishwasher,
Keep your kitchen smelling fresh and your sink drain clog-free with a powerful
Reduce your garbage volume and minimize your trips to the curb with a
Dishwasher Accessories and Cleaners
Enhance your dishwasher's performance with our wide range of
Shop All Dishwashers
Explore our complete selection of
At Gerhard's Appliance, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality dishwashers at competitive prices. Whether you're looking for built-in, portable, or even commercial-grade dishwashers, we have the best dishwashers to suit your needs. We also offer excellent
Visit in store or online today to explore our wide range of dishwashers and find the perfect addition to your kitchen.
FAQs About Dishwashers
- What is the difference between built-in and portable dishwashers? Built-in dishwashers are designed to be permanently installed under a kitchen counter, offering a seamless integration with kitchen cabinetry. Portable dishwashers, on the other hand, are standalone units on wheels that can be moved around the kitchen or stored when not in use. They are ideal for renters or those with limited kitchen space.
- What factors should I consider when buying a dishwasher? When choosing a dishwasher, consider the following factors: size, type (built-in or portable), energy efficiency, cleaning performance, noise level, cycle options, interior layout, and additional features like a third rack, sanitization, or steam cleaning.
- How long do dishwashers typically last? Dishwashers typically last between 7 to 12 years, depending on usage, maintenance, and the quality of the model. Proper care, such as regular cleaning and avoiding overloading, can help extend the lifespan of your dishwasher.
- Is it necessary to rinse dishes before loading them into the dishwasher? Modern dishwashers are designed to handle food residues, so pre-rinsing is not always necessary. However, scraping off large food particles before loading can help prevent clogs and improve cleaning performance.
- How can I reduce water spots on my dishes? Water spots are often caused by hard water or excess detergent. To reduce water spots, use a rinse aid, adjust the detergent amount according to water hardness, and ensure that your dishwasher's rinse arms and filters are clean.
- Why is my dishwasher not draining properly? Common causes of drainage issues include a clogged filter, a blocked drain hose, or a malfunctioning drain pump. Check and clean the filter and drain hose, and if the problem persists, consult a professional technician to inspect the drain pump.
- Can I wash plastic items in the dishwasher? Many plastic items are dishwasher-safe, but it's essential to check the manufacturer's recommendations. Place plastic items on the top rack, away from the heating element, to prevent warping or melting.
- How often should I clean my dishwasher? It's a good practice to clean the dishwasher filter every month and run a cleaning cycle with a dishwasher cleaner or white vinegar every 2-3 months. Regular cleaning helps maintain optimal performance and extend the dishwasher's lifespan.
- Is it more efficient to wash dishes by hand or use a dishwasher? Using a dishwasher is generally more efficient than washing dishes by hand. Modern dishwashers use less water and energy compared to hand-washing, making them an environmentally friendly option.
- Can I use regular dish soap in the dishwasher? No, regular dish soap can create excessive suds, leading to leaks or poor cleaning performance. Always use a detergent specifically formulated for automatic dishwashers.